Ashoka Turkey is looking for Communications Manager
Ashoka is an international non-profit organization that pioneered the field of social entrepreneurship almost 40 years ago. Headquartered in Arlington, Ashoka is the world’s first and largest network of social entrepreneurs in 92+ countries.
Today, we are investing in the people and patterns for building Everyone a Changemaker world, a world where everyone is an active contributor, has the skills to solve problems, and drives change for the good of all. From social entrepreneurs to young changemakers, we need everyone to feel the confidence and have the skills necessary to live in a happier, healthier, and more equitable world.
Meet the team
You’ll love working with Ashoka Turkey team! We’re a motivated group who are determined to change the world. We share our successes and deal with our failures together. We’re always open to hear and implement new ideas, in fact, we’re strong supporters of ‘out of the box’ thinking. As a team, we will ensure you have space to develop your own ideas and that you take initiatives on your own projects. You’ll also get the chance to meet with leading social entrepreneurs from all around the world, build empathy and teamworking skills, and participate in key events in the sector.
We are currently recruiting 1 outstanding Communications Manager to lead, in collaboration with the team, the design and implementation of the Ashoka Turkey’s communications strategy.
- Work at the intersection of communications and program implemented for mindset shift in the society, supporting and contributing to our narrative work across policy, journalism, media and community gatherings.
- Ensure powerful, clear and consistent communication with the Ashoka Turkey team and external community through the Ashoka Turkey’s communication platforms.
- Design and develop of necessary communication materials for all Ashoka’s work, programmes and events for the team, funders and partners.
- Create storytelling projects about the world’s changemakers. Produce stories of changemakers in the Ashoka network through interviews, written stories or other creative means.
- Create integrated media campaigns, on topics ranging from systems change to social innovation, business alliances, and online competitions with corporate partners.
- Design and develop marketing materials for Ashoka Turkey’s website; plan and implement the next steps, create content copywriting, storytelling and editing.
- Oversee the monthly Social Media calendar: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube.
- Organize all Ashoka Turkeys events in terms of media, communications, marketing and logistics.
- Supervise all logistics linked to Communications and Marketing.
Ashoka team members are entrepreneurial, ethical individuals who are willing and able to work in a number of different capacities. They can navigate nuts and bolts tasks as well as big picture thinking with ease.
- Problem-solver with a strong ethical fiber and entrepreneurial drive, eager to build a world where everyone has the power to create positive change for the good of all.
- Self-motivation and a strong entrepreneurial spirit: new ideas and projects thrill you!
- We require an individual who wants to take ownership of, and lead this critically important work stream. A highly organized, strategic and collaborative person is needed.
- Experience in strategizing new ideas and initiatives and bringing them to implementation.
- Ability to engage, connect and motivate groups.
- Ability to articulate complex frameworks and paradigms clearly both verbally and in written formats.
- Proficiency in English and exceptional written and verbal communication skills (Highly valued)
- Teamwork & communication skills: The candidate must be excited to explore new and unique ways to work with, learn from & have fun with their team.
- Ability to work independently and in a creative, collaborative team environment.
- Tech-Savvy, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software. (Highly valued)
- Proficiency in Canva, Mailchimp, wordpress and Drupal. (Highly valued but not mandatory)
- Experience with social media analytics and working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn is a plus – as is prior experience in feature writing, social media campaign management.
- 3rd EU language is an asset
The gap to be filled: We are looking for a generalist with entrepreneurial spirit and communication profile to both orchestrate all external communication in Turkey.
1) Strategy development and oversight (roughly 15%): Prioritize and sharpen messaging for Ashoka based on global and European narratives/strategy, with a view on effectiveness of communication measures. This includes spreading the word about Social Entrepreneurs and their impact potential towards decision makers and multiplicators/influencers as well as positioning Ashoka as a thought leader and preferred partner in the field of systemic social change. Moving further, aim is to broaden Ashoka’s reach through the message of, and campaigns based on Ashoka’s vision “everyone a changemaker” with a focus on the potential of young changemakers (reframe what successful growing up means towards growing up as a changemaker)
2) Baseline Operational Comms Management (incl. managing and mobilizing additional resources) (roughly 40%):
- Management and operations of social media channels
- Taking care of websites
- Active Public Relations work to media, podcasts, etc.
- Publications like annual reports/studies in cooperation with the teams
3) Building partnerships with Turkish media (roughly 30%)
- focus on identifying and pursuing leads for media/publisher partnerships on a high engagement level
4) Event development and operations (15%): Setting Highlights according to special events and/or publications/ occasions
Application deadline: June 4th, 2023 until 12 p.m.
We kindly request that all applicants submit their resumes along with a thoughtful cover letter detailing their qualifications, experience, and interest in the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. For any further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dünyanın ilk ve en geniş sosyal girişimcilik platformu. Sistem dönüşümü potansiyeline sahip sosyal girişimcileri bir araya getiren küresel sivil toplu...