Postane is looking for Communication Coordinator!
Employment Opportunity – Istanbul
Postane is a multi-purpose facility designed to serve individuals and organizations whose work focus on creating social and environmental impact aiming to build a more just city, country, planet. We aim to provide inclusive, stimulating, safe and exciting spaces in which a diverse range of people and groups can come together to work, organize, learn, create, and collaborate.
Located in historical British Post Office building at Galata, Beyoğlu, Postane plans on growing its occupants and offerings in 2023 to include a co-work community focused on social and environmental impact, expanded cultural and social events and activity spaces, a cafe, a media and storytelling lab, a fair trade shop and an urban garden on its rooftop.
Postane project is much more than just a building. It is about growing and nurturing a vibrant community of people wanting to change the world – a place that is recognized locally and globally as a cutting-edge hub for collaboration and innovation in the civic sector and social entrepreneurship ecosystem.
In Postane we also aim to build an alternative model of how work, social and cultural spaces are managed – where membership and access is inclusive and respects diversity. We expect our community to share the values such as commitment to justice, caring for each other, protecting the environment, cooperation, and mutual aid.
About The Role:
Postane endeavours to build an inclusive and representative team that embraces diversity. As this is a new initiative we are looking for a team-player with the ability and experience to establish communication strategies in line with Postane’s vision as well as manage social media accounts, website, newsletters to inform and build Postane’s extended community. Communication Coordinator will work closely with Postane’s Programs Team and directly report to Postane’s Director and Head of Operations.
● Developing and implementing communication strategies and creative contents in line with Postane’s values and thematic focuses.
● Ensuring effective communication of various components of Postane, including Cafe, Shop, Events, Garden, etc.
● Follow-up on the communication needs of Postane Programs, including the projects that are run with external funding in cooperation with international partners.
● Develop content for Postane’s website.
● Plan and share creative social media content.
● Curate Postane’s monthly newsletter.
● Create presentations and other materials as needed,
●Provide creative support to the Postane team in the design and development stages of various projects and programs
● Make sure the effective communication of Postane’s events in coordination with the Event Coordinator.
● Welcome groups visiting Postane and organize talks or guided tours.
● Regularly follow firstname.lastname@example.org and direct the messages to the relevant person and department.
● Keep good relationships with the Postane community and inform them on developments and events through community management tools such as Slack.
Experience & Requirements:
● Experience developing and implementing communication strategies and content generation.
● Minimum 3 years experience in cultural institutions (preferred)
● A graduate level degree in design, planning, media, cultural management or equivalent (preferred)
● Experience working in the social justice, social impact / innovation, or NGO sector
● Advanced graphic design software proficiency and use of digital tools (Adobe and Canva).
● Exceptional organisational, multitasking and project management skills
● Strong relational and interpersonal skills
● Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Turkish
● Understanding of civil society work and networks
● Experience working in a start-up environment (preferred)
How To Apply:
We are offering a full-time contract (subject to funding availability) with a 2-month probation period. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are looking for someone to start immediately.
Please send your application to email@example.com no later than March 15, 2023 with a short CV/resume (no longer than two typed pages), and a motivation letter (no longer than one typed page) describing why you are interested in and qualified for the position, and contact details for two referees with previous work experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.