Climate Action Network (CAN) is looking for a Operations and Events Management Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remuneration Range: EUR 38,400.00 – 45,600.00 per annum
Reports to: Head of Finance and Operations
Capacity: Full time
Deadline: 8 January 2023, 23:59 UTC
Climate Action Network (CAN) is a global network of more than 1,800 civil society organisations in over 130 countries driving collective and sustainable action to fight the climate crisis and to achieve social and racial justice.
CAN members work to achieve this goal through information exchange and the coordinated development of NGO strategy on international, regional and national climate issues. CAN has regional and national network hubs that coordinate these efforts around the world. The ideal candidate will have a passion for online engagement,
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The CAN International Secretariat is looking for an Operations and Events Management Officer who loves organizing and coordinating events logistics. The Operations and Events Management Officer will work with the Operations Department to help support the CAN Network by coordinating Event logistics, and assisting with membership management, Procurement, Human Resource Support and general organizational development.
The role will be completely remote and will include coordination with the Administration and IT coordinator.
Events Planning and Support:
- Leads and coordinates operational planning of events and supports the team and network in successfully implementing convenings, including logistics (locating accommodation, arranging catering, securing venues, and making arrangements with other service providers and contractors), participant management, assisting with financial management of the event, etc.
- Facilitates and provides support to the team regarding their logistical needs, which includes, but is not limited to: locating accommodation, arranging catering, securing venues, and making arrangements with other service providers and contractors
- Acts as the lead on UNFCCC sessions (e.g., COPs) operations and logistics including assisting with coordination of network activities, strategy sessions, providing support to Fossil of the Day awards, newsletter/ECO printing and distribution, etc.
- Facilitates various accreditation processes for team and membership
- Management of funded participant budgets, agreements and applicable logistics.
- Support with travel arrangements for staff e.g. visa letters and accommodation confirmation letter or order, etc
- Other tasks as assigned by the line-manager as appropriate.
- Prioritizing the given work-time to the work of the organization.
- Recognize that each role and the actions of everyone in CAN reflect the organization, and therefore all staff carry responsibility to guard CAN’s public reputation and avoid any disrepute to the organization.
- Uphold the obligation to confidentiality regarding any confidential information received through the work for CAN, as further specified in the work contract.
Human Resource Support
- Assists with Human Resources & Development tasks, including ensuring efficient and positive organization culture, working tools, and team communication.
- Assist with reviewing and implementing HR policies and procedures
- Management of onboarding and exit clearance process.
- Accountable for the compliant procurement of venues, meeting supplies etc. according to the procurement policy
- Ensure proper documentation of supply chain processes
- Maintaining procurement tracker for all procurement
- Maintain Asset Register
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES (The following skills and abilities are preferred):
Education and professional qualifications:
University degree in relevant field
Job-related experience & knowledge:
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a relevant field, preferably in event management, specifically in logistics and large events that include travel;
- Experience in procurement
- Experience working in a network or collaboration of NGOs is strongly desired
- Experience of having worked in civil society and NGO network structures is a strong asset
- Passionate about developing organizational best practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a remote office environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in high pressure environments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent logistical coordination skills, especially in the area of organizing meetings/conferences/workshops
- Very strong organizational and time management skills: Ability to prioritize, adjust workload, juggle multiple assignments and meet or exceed deadlines, and willingness to work under time constraints and pressure;
- Strong communication skills and experience especially in communication with service providers and meeting participants
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, patience and ability to work effectively in different socio-cultural contexts;
- Reliable team-player mentality with the ability to work independently and proactively;
- Problem-solver mentality, with the ability to adapt seamlessly to changing priorities, enforce regulations, and deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to work remotely with your own setup;
- Advanced knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Drupal CMS, social media and Skype.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English; Other language skills will be a bonus.
- Reliable internet access.
- Strong identification with CAN’s values including but not limited to transparency, honesty, inclusiveness, empathy, solidarity and respect.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
● Send a motivation letter and CV as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Operations Officer and Events Management Officer.
●The deadline for applications is 8 January 2023, 23:59 UTC.
●Please, no telephone inquiries. Based on the expected large interest in this position and limited capacity, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
● CAN I is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to make positions accessible to all regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, age, disability, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, marital or parental status, etc.
Global network of 1900+ civil society groups in 130 countries, fighting the #ClimateCrisis.