Karam House is looking for Human Resources Manager!
Karam House, operated by TIYYD and funded by Karam Foundation, is seeking a Human Resources Manager to guide all administrative activities related to our personnel and develop our amazing team to better serve our community in line with our organizational values and culture. You will work closely with the strategic management on developing recruitment strategies, strengthening interdepartmental communications, cultivating professional development and building the capacity of our teams. Your role will be integral to ensuring the commitment and realization of our unique work culture, which we believe challenges the traditional aid sector.
You are a builder. Walking into a position that demands your commitment to growth and development does not worry you – in fact, it excites you. You believe in building a team and an organization around core values that may test you and challenge you, but you remain committed to them despite the obstacles.
You are a learner. You know you don’t necessarily always have the answers (no one ever does, in our opinion) but you are willing to learn. More importantly, you are willing to let your team know that you are in this journey of growth and development as well.
You understand systems. You understand that strong units are important to function but a stronger system is necessary to thrive. You know that building systems takes time but you have an understanding of how to do so and how to continue work while doing so.
You are a leader. You know how to lead a team through the ups and downs of growth and development with energy, hope and transparency.
You take risks. You are joining a team of people rethinking how education and aid is delivered to marginalized communities affected by conflict. We make mistakes but we don’t stop trying. You are open to all paths to success.
ABOUT KARAM HOUSE
Karam House is an innovative learning space for Syrian refugee teens, in Istanbul and Reyhanli, Turkey, which defy traditional approaches to refugee education. At Karam Houses, hundreds of Syrian refugee teens learn through access to technology (maker spaces, connected studios, internet, computers), expert mentorship (including Syrian refugee architects and engineers), and a sophisticated design-based curriculum (developed by MIT grads) that teaches youth how to build their ideas and their community.
We think about refugees and humanitarian aid differently and so we do things differently. We believe in investing deeply in communities affected by conflict.
Please see the Job Description below for more detail on the responsibilities and qualifications. To apply, send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Human Resources Manager in the subject line by 09 October 2022.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by expanding talent pool sourcing, preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process from start to finish.
- Create and implement effective onboarding and offboarding plans.
- Oversee the end-to-end recruitment process for upcoming/immediate recruitments as needed and plan for future recruitments according to the needs of each office.
Human Resources Development
- Recommending and developing new policies, approaches, and procedures.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and performance.
- Oversee the onboarding and offboarding and continually refine and enhance processes to support easy and supported integration within the team.
- Analyze individual and cross-team training and development needs and identify suitable courses that's suitable for each role in coordination with Line and technical managers.
- Provide ongoing coaching to management and managers on HR matters to staff including talent management, performance management, professional development, conflict management, HR policies and best practices
- Maintaining the organization’s directory and other organizational charts.
- Document performance management systems.
- Ensures that HR policies and procedures are consistent with and implemented according to Turkish law.
- Support the management of employee relations counseling, disciplinary, and grievance issues.
- Provide a comprehensive administrative HR support service on all day-to-day HR functions including, but not limited to, monitoring holiday and sickness, staff training, recruitment, induction and leave processes according to leaves and benefits guidelines.
- Lead the implementation of audit feedback on all HR related gaps and maintain continuous best practices.
- Quarterly travels to other office locations.
- Develop supportive plans of action for staff care, ensuring a comprehensive approach to support the well-being of staff and foster a positive working environment.
- 5-7 years HR experience in Turkey within the service industry.
- Understanding of Turkish labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Ability to manage teams, remotely and in-person
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Fluent Bilingual (English and Arabic or English and Turkish)
- Turkish Citizen or Istanbul issued Residency Permit
Preferred extra skills:
- BSc/BA/MSc in Human Resources or related field; further training or certificates will be a plus.
- Experience coaching others.
- Experience working on Syria and or humanitarian crises.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and MS.
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Operations
LOCATION: Eyüpsultan, Istanbul, Turkey
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week. Saturday – Wednesday.
COMPENSATION: Based on the candidate’s level of experience, qualifications, and the organization’s salary scale in Turkish Lira.
How to apply
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com with the Human Resources Manager in the subject line by 09 October 2022.
Due to high number of applicants, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Toplum İçin Yenilik ve Yardım Derneği Türkiye’deki mülteci toplumlara destek veren ve kâr amacı gütmeyen bir kuruluştur.