Uluslararası İslami Yardım Vakfı - Islamic Relief Türkiye is looking for Human Resources Coordinator!
The Human Resources Coordinator reports to the CEO and s/he will be responsible for managing to the Human Resources and Volunteer Department, by providing general day-to-day HR support, employee benefits, training and development, managing volunteers, developing and implementing strategies. This department also manages the organization’s team continuous learning and improvement processes and inspires colleagues to contribute to the development of IR’s organizational strategy, policies and processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Overall HR Responsibilities
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the laws and regulations in Turkey especially those related to labour, taxations, immigration and any other legal requirements and regulations that impact on the human resources function. S\he will also ensure compliance of policies, processes, systems and procedures with these laws and regulations across the organisation.
- Contribute to preparing the HR and staff handbooks and ensure that the workforce is aware of various HR policies and procedures and make recommendations to the management for modifications and amendments to existing policies, systems and procedures as required.
- Develop and implement HR and Volunteer Management strategy in accordance with IRTR strategies.
- Act as a key person to communicate with the lawyers, legal advisors, financial consultants and auditors for all matters related to staff and their benefits as well as volunteers.
- Ensure and proactively promote and foster a culture in which Islamic principles, values and approaches which are adopted by IR are consistently respected, applied and complied with in the delivery of the country / division / unit objectives and in the conduct of its employees.
- Advise on organisational structure changes and improvements in discussion with the senior management and support on organisational restructuring and resizing as per the operational need.
- Supervise and support the HR team in fulfilling the responsibilities of the HR department.
- Institute and apply all policies and procedures for recruitment of national staff in a manner which is fair, transparent and consistent.
- Prepare appropriate job descriptions and person specifications with Heads of Departments.
- Devising, running and evaluating employee selection processes including interviews, psychometric tests, personality questionnaires, reference checks, due diligence, and any other required steps.
- Oversee the full recruitment process within IR Turkey, ensure that in compliance with all legal requirements, IR policies and procedures and ensure quality candidates are hired.
- Manage and follow-up the process for obtaining and extending work permits for staff in Turkey.
- Supervise and manage the induction and orientation process of new staff (national and international) in coordination with various departments.
- Establish a volunteer management framework appropriate for IR Turkey operations including all aspects of volunteers’ identification, selection, induction, placement, supervision, compensation, training, capacity building, and retention.
- Oversee and implement the volunteer management framework in coordination with other departments including the identification, selection, induction, placement, supervision, compensation, training, capacity building, and retention of the volunteers.
- Design and implement methods for the volunteer identification and conduct outreach activities for effective volunteer identification while and also market and increase access to the volunteer program to maintain a fruitful volunteer pool.
- Design and implement effective programs to build the volunteers skills and capacity and to increase their awareness.
- Manage the employee placement through matching volunteers with roles, projects, and duties suited to their skills, experiences and needs.
- Collect volunteer feedback on various aspects of the volunteer management framework for an effective improvement of the framework and processes.
Performance Management and Learning&Development
- Supervise and implement the Performance management System with various departments and line managers including probation reviews, setting staff objectives, work plans, staff 121 meetings, Mid and end-year performance appraisals, and staff yearly training plans.
- Conducting Training Needs Assessments (TNAs) in coordination with various departments and line managers and accordingly preparing staff training plans.
- Contribute towards the development of a continuous learning and development culture within IRTR.
- Provide engaging, useful trainings both internal and external, formal and informal for volunteers and employees, evaluate the effectiveness of such trainings through their learning and development, and strive to retain and reward them
Compensation Management and Staff Wellbeing
- Managing staff compensation including staff payroll preparation, calculation, management administration and review by concerned stakeholders and ensure that IRTR staff are paid in a correct and timely fashion.
- Maintaining budget control for charging staff salaries in different IR projects and budgets as per the operational requirements.
- Managing other employee compensations and benefits in line with IR policies and procedures.
- Managing staff exit process including end of service calculation in line with relevant policies and procedures and legal requirements.
- Supervising and ensuring good staff wellbeing through supporting various aspects of workplace wellbeing including social and team building activities, staff stress management and psychological wellbeing, as well as ensuring proper working environment wellbeing.
Archives and Records Management
- Maintain records of personnel and volunteer-related data as per the organisational and legal requirements and ensure personnel files for all staff and volunteers are updated on a routine basis and kept confidential.
- Effectively follow policies related to data protection with regards to all HR and volunteer records and ensure it is in line with relevant laws in Turkey (KVKK).
- Supervise the use of IR HR Information management system HRIS by various staff and line managers.
- Oversee absenteeism, advising line managers on sick absence issues and recommending action to reduce absenteeism.
- In consultations with department heads develop a leave plan and ensure that leave is recorded accurately for each employee.
- Prepare reports on sick absence, turnover, trends, recruitment costs and any others as required.
- Receive, record and manage staff complaints and resolve employee and organization issues in an effective way in consultation with line managers and organisation management as required.
Workplace and Team Health and Safety
- Provide staff orientation regarding various health and safety requirements, and procedures at the start of employment and on regular basis.
- Supervise and ensure occupational health safety standards are applied and followed as legally required in line with various policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in staff and management meeting on regular and ad hoc basis as required.
- Assist in various office management and organization procedures.
- Represent Islamic Relief at external events when required and requested by the line manager.
- Lead, facilitate and encourage organisational teamwork and communication.
- Manage effectively the expenditure of the HR department budget as well as various departmental physical resources.
- To carry out other responsibilities and duties as requested by the line manager
- Commitment to Islamic Relief’s values and working style.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to empower others.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, implement and meet targets in a pressurized environment with short time frames whilst producing accurate work with minimum support, and readily adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to supervise junior staff.
- Ability to advice Managers and employees on HR matters.
- Strong communication, interpersonal & technical skills and the ability to resolve conflicts.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to take initiatives when required.
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to analyse and solve problems from complex information and make an informed decision.
- Willingness to work effectively across all teams at Islamic Relief.
- Ability to work outside of office hours as required.
- Five years of full-time experience in HR Management.
- Previous experience with the UN and/or NGOs in a similar position is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of employment law in Turkey and its practical application in the specific context.
- A good understanding of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) -KVKK, also BES, İşkur, SGK Incentives and Requirements etc.
- Knowledge of payroll and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated experience in providing a wide range of personnel services to a high standard including recruitment, equal opportunities, disciplinary action, advice to managers.
- Experience of undertaking a range of tasks requiring a high degree of discretion, sensitivity and negotiating skills
- Proven experience of gathering, analysing and interpreting information to represent an organisation at junior and senior levels
- Previous experience in leading a team.
- University degree from an accredited University in business management, admiration or related relevant speciality
- Proficiency in MS office. (Strong Excel and Word skills a must)
- Interest in and understanding of humanitarian work
- Turkish & English proficiency (written and spoken) is a must, Arabic knowledge is a plus.
- Must have cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team
How to apply
Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by sending CV to email@example.com before 10th December 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants in accordance with those standards.
If you have any query regarding the application, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any query regarding your personal data, please send it to email@example.com
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Islamic Relief Türkiye (Uluslararası İslami Yardım Vakfı) is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Islamic Relief engages.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. Islamic Relief also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Islamic Relief (UİYV) is an equal opportunities employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Islamic Relief, 1984'ten beri dünyanın farklı bölgelerinde yardım ve kalkınma faaliyetlerinde bulunan uluslararası insani yardım kuruluşudur.