Media and Law Studies Association is seeking a full-time lawyer!
The Media and Law Studies Association, which works in the fields of journalism and freedom of expression, is looking for a full-time lawyer in İstanbul with experience particularly in the fields of freedom of expression and internet legislation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- University degree in law
- Lawyer license
- Litigation, trial, contract experience
- Experience in TCC and ECtHR applications
- Interest and preferably previous experience working in the fields of press law, internet legislation and freedom of expression
- At least 3 years professional experience
- Fluency in English at C1 level
- No travel restrictions
- Preferably possession of a driver’s license
- Carrying out legal proceedings for the journalists represented by our association
- Representing our clients before judicial and administrative courts
- Writing petitions to local courts, preparing applications to the TCC and ECtHR
- Conducting prison visits in different provinces
- Providing legal support to all departments of the association
- Conducting control, approval and reporting processes related to legal documents
- Writing, controlling and approving legal documents
- Regular reporting on legal unit activities
- Organizing and coordinating legal training activities
- Preparing communications and briefings for international stakeholders (e.g. Rule 9.2 Submissions)
- Supporting other projects of our association in the fields of journalism, freedom of expression and internet legislation
- Working in coordination with the other departments in our association
- Following and reporting on legislative and other relevant developments within the scope of activities of our association, in particular with regards to freedom of expression and the press, access bans and digital freedoms
- Starting 12 October, candidates chosen for interviews will receive emails to schedule for initial meetings.
- If a candidate is not invited for an interview, they will also be notified at around this date.
- During the first interview the candidates will be required to fulfill tasks involving writing legal applications and translating legal documents.
- A second round of interviews will be scheduled based on the evaluations.
- The selected candidate will be expected to take up the position by November 1.
To apply, candidates are requested to send in a resume and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org until Friday, 8 October 2021 at 6 pm. Applications in another language than English will not be considered.
civicspacejobs.com is not an employment agency; rather, it is an online platform publishing the job opportunities in the civil society. It doesn’t collect personal backgrounds for applications or accept or evaluate job applications. Those who would like to make job applications are supposed to send their applications directly to the own system or e-mail address of the nonprofit organization itself.
civicspacejobs.com özel istihdam bürosu olarak çalışmamaktadır. Sivil alandaki iş ilanlarını yayınlayan online bir platformdur. İş başvuruları için özgeçmiş toplamaz, iş başvurularını kabul etmez ve değerlendirmez. İş başvurusunda bulunmak isteyen kişiler, başvurularını direkt olarak ilgili sivil toplum kuruluşunun kendi sistemine veya e-mail adresine yapar.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Media and Law Studies Association (MLSA) is a non-profit working in the fields of free speech, journalism, internet freedoms and right to information.