National Democratic Institute (NDI) Turkey is looking for Part-Time Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI or the Institute) seeks a Part-Time Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant to assist its 15-month program, Mobilizing Local Action to Address Violence Against Women.
The Assistant will work with NDI's Global Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (G-DMEL) team in Washington, DC and program staff in Istanbul and Ankara on an ex-ante and ex-post evaluation of its program. As part of this endeavor, the Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the performance and complexity-aware monitoring system by tracking and regularly analyzing the output and outcome data, challenges and opportunities in the Turkish context, and contributing to recommendations for programmatic adaptation and learning.
Please see the Job Description below for more detail on the responsibilities and qualifications. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and references in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant in the subject line by 10 September 2021. Please limit your cover letter to an explanation of why your experience is relevant to this role.
The personal data included in your resume/CV, sent by you via email, shall be processed by the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs Turkey Representation Office for the limited purposes of management of the recruitment process, and this data may be transferred to the Headquarters in the USA.
We will email you a link for a privacy notice and consent form subsequent to receiving your application in an email. We request that you carefully read and approve the privacy notice and consent form sent to you.
Please send your requests relating to the right of the data subject as prescribed in article 11 of Law on the Protection of Personal Data Numbered 6698, to us via email@example.com.
Tarafınızca özgeçmişinizi e-posta üzerinden bize iletmeniz yoluyla işlenen kişisel verileriniz, Uluslararası İlişkiler İçin Ulusal Demokratik Enstitüsü Türkiye Temsilciliği tarafından işe alım sürecini yönetmek amacıyla sınırlı olarak işlenecektir ve ABD’de bulunan Merkez ofise aktarılabilir.
Başvurunuzu e-posta olarak tarafımıza ilettikten sonra, kişisel verileriniz ile ilgili aydınlatma metni ve rıza beyanı link olarak e-posta adresinize gönderilecektir. Aydınlatma metni ve rıza beyanını dikaktlice okuyarak onaylamanızı rica ederiz.
Bu konuda 6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanununun ilgili kişinin haklarını düzenleyen 11’inci maddesi kapsamındaki taleplerinizi, firstname.lastname@example.org üzerinden tarafımıza iletebilirsiniz.
TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
CLOSING DATE: 10 September 2021
ANTICIPATED START DATE: 1 October 2021
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months, approximately 40 hours per month
WORK DAYS/HOURS: To be determined upon employment offer
TRAVEL: Some travel may be required if COVID conditions permit
PROGRAM: Violence Against Women
NDI is implementing a Research, Evaluation and Learning (REL) initiative to bolster the Institute’s ability to quickly and strategically innovate and adapt to complex Democracy, Rights and Governance (DRG) challenges through evidence-based lessons learned generated by ex-post and/or ex-ante evaluations. Under this fund, the evaluations will map out the complexity of actors and factors that influence and/or inhibit sustainable democratic systems. Evidence-based lessons from evaluations of NDI’s program successes and/or failures will be harvested for application to NDI’s future programming.
NDI seeks to connect local government actors and civic groups in order to develop plans to improve violence against women (VAW)-prevention efforts and expand access to support for survivors. To capture insights and lessons learned from its programming, NDI's G-DMEL team is conducting an evaluation to inform future efforts.
- Assist in setting up a performance and complexity-aware monitoring systems by developing clear protocols for collecting, managing and analyzing performance and context indicator data and critical assumptions
- Manage the system by maintaining the protocols up-to-date and relevant to NDI's programming
- Assist in training NDI staff on data collection, management and analysis tools and protocols
- Hold quarterly reflection and analysis sessions with NDI staff in the field and relevant staff in DC and as needed
- Communicate the findings of the learning sessions with NDI's G-DMEL team on a quarterly basis
- Provide input on baseline assessment design, including sampling, instrument design, etc.
- Work with NDI's G-DMEL team on data organization and analysis
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Political Science, Economics, Applied Statistics or a similar field is required.
- Relevant experience in international development, project management, monitoring and evaluation, or research is required.
- Turkish citizenship
- Fluent in both Turkish and English
- Strong analytical and research skills, writing skills, and the ability to communicate complex programming and monitoring and evaluation elements into clear, concise documents and actions for program and DMEL staff are required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to foster relationships and coordinate the learning and expertise of staff at different levels are required.
- Experience with qualitative data analysis and relevant software packages (NVIVO, Dedoose, etc.) is highly desirable
- Proficient knowledge of data analysis in Excel is required; familiarity with quantitative data analysis software such as SPSS, R, or STATA is highly desirable
- Good at managing processes to get things done
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability and willingness to take initiative
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information
- Knowledge of political developments in Turkey is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations in Turkey
Sivil Toplum Alanından Kariyer Fırsatları, İş İlanları için Telegram kanalımıza katılın❗️
civicspacejobs.com is not an employment agency; rather, it is an online platform publishing the job opportunities in the civil society. It doesn’t collect personal backgrounds for applications or accept or evaluate job applications. Those who would like to make job applications are supposed to send their applications directly to the own system or e-mail address of the nonprofit organization itself.
civicspacejobs.com özel istihdam bürosu olarak çalışmamaktadır. Sivil alandaki iş ilanlarını yayınlayan online bir platformdur. İş başvuruları için özgeçmiş toplamaz, iş başvurularını kabul etmez ve değerlendirmez. İş başvurusunda bulunmak isteyen kişiler, başvurularını direkt olarak ilgili sivil toplum kuruluşunun kendi sistemine veya e-mail adresine yapar.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Based in Ankara since 1997, NDI's Turkey-focused programs have supported strengthening Turkey’s democratic processes, helping to encourage transparenc...