Akdeniz Koruma Derneği is looking for Finance Manager!
Akdeniz Koruma Derneği
The Mediterranean Conservation Society was established in Izmir in 2012 with the aim of carrying out scientific and legal studies within the scope of conservation, improvement and sustainable management of ecosystems throughout the Mediterranean basin. Our association, which has the task of realizing this aim, has its own specialists and private sector representatives in the fields of Civil Engineering, Textile Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Aquaculture Engineering, Biology and Chemistry. The Mediterranean Conservation Society, without prejudice to scientific and ethical conclusions, carries on its work by holding the national interests ahead of schedule.
Job Title : Finance Manager
Location : Izmir, Turkey
Closing Date : 29 January 2021
Reporting line : The Finance Manager reports to the Deputy Manager and will supervise the Finance and Administration Officer
- Day-to-day financial management
- Oversee the maintenance of financial records; ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Be the technical reference for any accounting and finance related issue
- Be the focal point with the Finance Officer for legal accountancy of MCS. Monitor Turkish legal regulations, provide information on current and new regulations, that might have an impact on MCS activities.
- Ensure the compliance with legal context and the implementation of MCS HR policy for the staff (taxes, advances, etc.).
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of electronic data entry.
- Develop planning of accountancy closure, monthly reconciliation with public accountant and donors and ensure deadlines are respected.
- Oversee the audit process including facilitation of the contracting of external auditing companies, supporting the planning, advise on the clearance of audit reports and ensuring follow-up of critical audit findings;
- Overview the ERP software, make sure parameters are up to date • Monthly and year-end closing: integrating all books, matching transfers and advances, validation of costs, preparing original closing documents.
- Monthly financial reports to Deputy Manager and quarterly reports to BoD
- Guarantee proper and transparent archiving system.
- Advise all staff and consultants on financial procedures and ensure all transactions are in compliance with MCS policies
- Liaise with the legal accountant on accounting topics.
- Support the Finance officer in ERP entries
- Ensure cash security rules are implemented and that MCS procedures and tools are being used for cash flow management (bank accounts, petty cash, advances);
- Ensure solid advance follow-up system.
- Check the financial compliance of the purchase and payments files. Verify and validate invoices, receipts, and all financial documents to justify the expenses. Ensure payments are duly authorized.
- Weekly control of the safe handled by the Finance officer and make sure that the cash count corresponds to the balance in the cash register.
- Ensure daily back-ups of all data.
- Supervising the scanning and archiving done by the Finance Officer.
- Prepare a monthly report on accountancy of the different basis, highlighting the main issues and propose corrective actions.
- Ensure timely financial reporting in compliance with donors requirements
- Managing the projects’ budgets and agreements and maintaining the procedures that ensuring the best management of the granted funds.
- Review grant agreements and supporting documents to ensure accuracy, consistency, reasonableness, compliance with the MCS procedures.
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast and cash flow
- Supports Deputy Manager in the development and monitoring of the institutional budget
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields.
- 5 years of progressive professional finance experience with a minimum of 3 years as finance manager and minimum of 2 years in the NGOs field.
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English required.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
- CPA qualification is a plus
- Knowledge of an ERP software is an asset.
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to conservation of nature, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV along with salary expectations to email@example.com
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a technical assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Closing Date : 29 January 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.