SHURA Energy Transition Center is Looking for Director!
SHURA Energy Transition Center contributes to the decarbonisation of the energy sector in Turkey as an innovative energy transition platform. It caters to the need for a sustainable and broadly recognised platform for discussions on policy, technological and economic aspects of Turkey’s energy sector. SHURA’s mission is to support the debate on transition to a low-carbon energy system in Turkey through energy efficiency and renewable energy by fact-based analysis and best available data. Taking into account all relevant perspectives by a multitude of stakeholders, the Center contributes to an enhanced understanding of the economic potential, technical feasibility and the relevant policy tools for this transition.
SHURA Energy Transition Center is a joint initiative of Sabancı University/İstanbul Policy Center, European Climate Foundation and Agora Energiewende.
Director SHURA Energy Transition Center
As SHURA’s director you will be responsible for
- proposing SHURA’s medium and long-term strategy as well as the yearly work plan in close cooperation with the founding organisations, taking into consideration the advice of the Advisory Council;
- implementing the strategy and work plan approved by the Executive Committee with the support of the Steering Committee;
- conceptualizing and implementing SHURA’s research programme; ensuring top-quality technical and economic analysis on relevant aspects of the power sector;
- managing SHURA’s budget and leading a team of 10 to 15 people;
- overseeing and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the Center;
- representing SHURA as the face to the outside;
- actively contributing to the Turkish energy debate by communicating SHURA’s project results through a broad range of tools and means, e.g. speeches, media briefs, op-eds, social media, websites, interviews, etc.;
- initiating and facilitating stakeholder dialogues amongst key individuals and groups to strengthen the Turkish debate on power system transformation;
- keeping close relations with stakeholders in public administration, business, academia and civil society;
- overseeing of and contributing to the writing and publishing of reports;
- leading the work with consultants that support SHURA’s work;
- providing assistance to the chair of the Advisory Council in the organisation and implementation of the Council meetings;
- contributing to/leading fundraising activities in collaboration with the founding partners;
- reporting to the Executive Board.
- a unique opportunity to help lead and shape energy transition discussions in Turkey;
- an opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated and professional team with an office in İstanbul;
- diverse experiences including professional relationships with colleagues and visitors from a variety of countries around the globe;
- opportunities for professional growth and advancement;
- a full-time position in a highly dynamic policy field;
- a competitive salary.
We are looking for
- a master’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of work experience in the energy sector (ideally power sector), or in related sectors in administration, research or consulting, with strong research and analysis skills;
- proven record of management skills, incl. finance, HR and project management;
- very good knowledge of the Turkish energy policy landscape, power sector-related regulations and finance, and technology solutions;
- experience in policy engagement and public communication;
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a constructive team player in an international setting;
- fluency in Turkish and English (spoken and written);
- ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and contribute flexibly in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
How to apply
Please send your cv and letter of motivation to email@example.com In your application, please indicate your earliest possible starting date. For reasons of objectivity, we would like to ask you not to include an application photo.
The deadline for applications is 6 August 2021. Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sivil Toplum Alanından Kariyer Fırsatları, İş İlanları için Telegram kanalımıza katılın❗️
civicspacejobs.com is not an employment agency; rather, it is an online platform publishing the job opportunities in the civil society. It doesn’t collect personal backgrounds for applications or accept or evaluate job applications. Those who would like to make job applications are supposed to send their applications directly to the own system or e-mail address of the nonprofit organization itself.
civicspacejobs.com özel istihdam bürosu olarak çalışmamaktadır. Sivil alandaki iş ilanlarını yayınlayan online bir platformdur. İş başvuruları için özgeçmiş toplamaz, iş başvurularını kabul etmez ve değerlendirmez. İş başvurusunda bulunmak isteyen kişiler, başvurularını direkt olarak ilgili sivil toplum kuruluşunun kendi sistemine veya e-mail adresine yapar.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Başarılı bir enerji dönüşümü için, bilgiye dayalı ve uygulanabilir çözümler sunuyoruz. Enerji sektörü paydaşlarını bir araya getiriyoruz.