Hand in Hand for Syria is looking for Admin Officer (NGO Forum)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Organization: Hand in Hand for Syria
Closing date: 10 Jan 2021
Brief description of the NGO Forum:
The NGO Forum coordinate, represent and advocate on behalf of its members – National and International NGOs operating cross-border in northwestern Syria.
Partnership working group is one of seven working groups led by the NGO Forum and managed by the Partnership Coordinator.
The partnership working group is the continued efforts of the former partnership platform with an independent advisory group. The advisory group consists of two SNGOs, two INGOs and one UN agency currently represented by IOM.
The partnership working group is open to all NGOs operating in northwestern Syria.
Partnership Working Group works mainly in three areas: coordination, capacity building, and harmonizing partnership tools.
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of the Admin Officer as part of the NGO Forum team is to provide administrative support to the team including the management of meetings and events planning, regular reports preparation, maintenance of membership records and liaising with other departments to follow up on the Forum’s administrative requests and duties.
- Manage office needs and stock.
- Prepare regular reports as required.
- Maintain NGO Forum website and other communication outlets and tools.
- Organize the filing system for NGO Forum products and records.
- Maintain and update NGO forum Mailing lists.
- Handle new applicant requests and maintain the Forum’s membership records.
- Schedule and organize meetings and events as required.
- Record and distribute meeting minutes and maintain attendance records.
- Distribute and store correspondence.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for NGO Forum staff.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that requests and duties are fulfilled.
- Handle dissemination of information on behalf of the NGO Forum as required.
- Facilitate and coordinate NGO Forum functional working groups as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Very good command of English reading, writing and speaking
- Arabic and Turkish languages are preferred.
- Ability to use Online productivity tools and Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in humanitarian organizations.
- Solid knowledge of office procedures.
- Strong coordination and organization skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Attention to detail.
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted for the interview.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
HIHFAD is a leading humanitarian charity operating inside Syria. We work in places others cannot reach, providing aid directly to the most vulnerable.