UNICEF is looking for Communication Associate, GS6, Ankara Turkey-FT
Advertised: 23 Dec 2020 GTB Standard Time
Deadline: 29 Dec 2020 GTB Standard Time
Job no: 536911
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Support: Communication
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
Under the supervision of the Communication Officer, the Communication Associate, assists in the planning, developing, disseminating and monitoring of the visibility materials such as videos,human interest stories, photo stories, etc. The communication assistant will also perform other necessary duties of the position based on the Communication Section work plan and as advised by the section head. When producing documents and conducting activities; the assistant should fallow the visibility rules of UNICEF and the project partners. Furthermore, report writing, terminology, publication and citation guidelines of UNICEF. All documents produced will be gender-sensitive, and in line with the Convention on the Rights of the Child and other human rights documents. Ali relevant intellectual property. rights in the developed documentation and associated tools will, upon their creation, vest in UNICEF and the project partners.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
• Develops programme briefs, articles, feature stories and other information materials including press releases and web stories.
• Assists in handling mass media relations including organizing media events, interviews, and development and dissemination of information to the media.
• Assists in the production of advocacy and communication materials (films, videos, audiovisual materials) and oversees the qualitative aspects of production (quality control, translations, and reviews of layout and graphic design).
• Contributes in organizing field visits to mass media or different groups and ensure facilitating photo coverage and TV footage.
• Assists the production of UNICEF printed materials and publications.
• Supports the preparation of digital content far websites and social media accounts (Facebook, YouTube, lnstagram, Twitter, etc) of UNICEF in Turkey.
• Responsible for the initiation, management, maintenance and updating of Turkey page on http://weshare.unieef.org/ in close collaboration with Social Media Consultant.
• Performs other duties, as required
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of Secondary School Education. High School Diploma, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to communication
- A minimum of six years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Knowledge on Adobe Photoshop CC, InDesign, Premier and/or any other design and video editing software is an asset
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Analyzing (2)
- Applying technical expertise (2)
- Planning and organizing (2)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (2)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.