Turkey Finance Campaigner
Turkey preferred but open to Turkish speaking candidates outside Turkey. Must have a strong internet connection.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world.
350.org wants to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out its work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to women, people of of any ethnic background, people of any age, Indigenous people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer people, disabled people, and other underrepresented communities in our kind of organisations – including communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Our team strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group that engages a broad range of strategies for social change. We value new perspectives, innovative ideas and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way 350.org selects and approaches its areas of work, as well as the creativity and effectiveness of our campaigns. 350.org prioritizes making leadership positions available to women, people of color, indigenous people and communities most impacted by climate change and environmental prejudices.
About the Turkey Finance Campaigner
The Turkey Finance Campaigner will work with 350.org Turkey campaign team, relevant global project teams, and international and local partners to identify opportunities and develop and implement strategic finance campaigns in Turkey with a view to shifting investments from fossil fuels to renewable energies.
The ideal candidate will be an energy finance expert with a keen interest in decarbonization or a campaigner with in depth knowledge of finance in the energy sector. They will be strategic thinkers with the ability to make linkages between finance developments and 350.org’s ongoing campaigns and new campaign opportunities based on its Theory of Change. They will have strong analytical skills as well as the ability to package often complex finance information for wider social reach. The position is for the project duration (1 year) with the option to renew based on funding availability.
The Turkey Finance Campaigner will:
- Gradually take over the financial side of ongoing campaigns and projects in Turkey and will work to bring a finance focus to existing and future campaigns and projects to shift from fossil fuels to renewables (prospective hires will be supported by the Turkey team in this;
- Work with partners to expand finance campaign opportunities
- Conduct desktop and on the ground research for finance campaigns;
- Coordinate with global finance team and partners to keep abreast of new developments and opportunities; integrate those to Turkey campaigns, provide the global team with content.
- Contribute to the organization of a regional/global day of action by the Turkey team and global staff by providing finance flows know-how support.
- Work with local groups and the Turkey team to create replicable finance campaign models
- Create a list of resources, guidelines and templates for targeting finance institutions
- Do the reporting at the end of the project period, create a list of follow up actions and subsequent strategy.
- Support the Turkey staff and relevant global project teams in crafting infographics, social media, and other digital content to share campaign updates, stories and otherwise support our finance campaigns;
- Participate in workshops or trainings with partners and volunteers to strengthen our finance campaigns;
- Occasionally represent 350.org in the media;
Required Traits and Qualifications
- In depth energy finance knowledge and financial analysis skills,
- Strong communication skills to repack complex financial information for wider access.
- Experience or interest in campaign development and excellent problem-solving skills with a positive attitude
- Creativity to navigate a fluid national and fluid agenda
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with fluency in English and Turkish (other languages are a bonus). Ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms
- Highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in close coordination with a remote team
- Knowledge of and interest in Turkey energy and climate issues
- Good networking skills and ability to work with multiple partners from all parts of the society
- Excellent, proven project management skills
- Can juggle multiple responsibilities and can nimbly respond to unexpected opportunities
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Some experience knowledge of:
- grassroots organising
- internal processes and systems development
- international campaigning
- Budget management and tracking
- Training and facilitation skills
- Experience of working with remotely based staff in different time zones.
- Experience with coalition and/or multi-stakeholder campaign planning and implementation
Position Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: This job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications. We will begin the interview process as soon as possible, and our hope is for someone to start immediately.
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience and location.
Location: Turkey preferred but open to Turkish speaking candidates outside Turkey. Must have a strong internet connection.
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.
Your application has been successfully submitted.