WATAN is looking for a Accountant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
🗓 Closing date for Job Application: 15.01.2021
- The role is primarily to maintain and be responsible for the input and accuracy of the organization’s accounting transactions and records, including reconciliations of the accounts
- Accountant's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the creation of journal entries, performing account reconciliations, assisting with monthly closing process and internal audits, maintaining accounts payable information, tracking and reconciling accounts receivable and assist with payroll administration, Create budgets on the accounting software.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum Required: one to three years of progressive, relevant experience.
- Preferred: non-profit organization experience, experience with accounting software
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting/GAAP and Management Accounting/Reporting
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and advanced experience with Excel is required
- Strong reporting and analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and propose creative solutions, while also identifying issues which need to be escalated
- Strong project and time management skills, sound judgment, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; ability to work with colleagues and partners nationally and internationally
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Ability to adapt and work in a very flexible, fluid, and evolving environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Special Skills (technical or advanced)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with expertise skills in Excel
- Ability to occasionally work with a varying schedule including occasional evenings, early mornings and weekends as needed to accommodate wide ranging time zones and the occasional weekend meeting
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
- Post the bills to the account payable , invoices , Budgets , Cash & Banks , Payroll and financial transactions to the accounting software QuickBooks.
- Manage expenses accounts and create journal entries to allocate expenses to correct departments, projects and accounts
- Reconcile accounts payable, receivable , Project budgets and donors financial reports
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and cash count each month
- Prepare, maintain and run reports from the general ledger to review accounts on a monthly basis and provide information to assist monthly close process
- Coordinate with each of the Organization’s departments to verify/audit their financial tables
- Assist with planning and implementation of new accounting system (QuickBooks Customization)
WATAN is a leading Civil Society Organization delivering emergency relief, third sector support and long-term international development projects