WATAN is looking for a Government Affairs Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
🗓 Closing date for Job Application: 10.01.2021
- Government Affairs Assistant who will be responsible to manage and oversee all Government Relations requirements for WATAN and coordinate legislative efforts by working with state and local governments.
- Minimum Education Degree: Education: Political Science, International Relations or Law
- Minimum 1 years of professional and proven experience in government relations.
- Travel Availability: Ability and willingness to travel domestically and Syria.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Turkish
- Strong written and spoken Arabic, English in an asset.
- Experience working with provincial- and district-level government authorities, community leaders, and civil society organizations
- Strong networking capability and diplomacy skills
- Experience working in emergency situations
- Ability to work under pressure.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
- Represent WATAN in coordination meetings like AFAD- Governors, sub governors in the provinces and the capital.
- Set power map for Turkish authorities updated and monitor it on regular basis, open new channels and build new relations with Turkish parties.
- Work permit applications to the System.
- Drafting protocols.
- Follow up all the works with legal accountant.
- Submission and follow up cross border permissions on regular basis.
- Participate with the team to provide needed documents and papers for auditing and inspection from the state authorities.
- Keeping records in a duly, transparent and accessible manner
- Support with tasks relating to visitors from the WATAN Confederation or donor representatives
- Represent WATAN at NGO coordination meetings if required.
- Produce monthly reports on liaison, coordination, and partnership activities for dissemination within the Program Team and the Senior Management Team.
- Organizing department newsletter, project collaborations
- Keeping records in a duly, transparent, and accessible manner
- Other duties assigned by the line manager
- Other program-related duties
- Maintain a database of refugee numbers in Turkey, regularly updating this with new information from reliable sources
- Assist with tasks relating to program development, including assessments
WATAN is a leading Civil Society Organization delivering emergency relief, third sector support and long-term international development projects