United Nations Population Fund Türkiye (UNFPA Türkiye) looking for teammates!
NATIONAL POST: Administrative Associate, GS-6, Gaziantep/Türkiye
Contract Type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Position Number: 00044369
Location: Gaziantep, Türkiye
Closing Date: 24 June 2022
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS THIS VACANCY IS ONLY FOR NATIONALS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF TURKIYE.
The Administrative Associate position is located in UNFPA Gaziantep Project Office. Under the overall guidance of the Finance Analyst provides administrative, logistical and secretarial support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment; maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Administrative Associate delivers quality services in HR, administration, logistics and procurement to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. Takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management required
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems required
- Working experience with an international organization is an advantage
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods is an advantage
- Experience in organizing events is an advantage
- Experience in processing payments is an advantage
- Knowledge of Atlas/PeopleSoft or other ERP application is an advantage
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Turkish is required.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now".
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNFPA is delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential fulfilled.